Beauty by Sweet Pea

Beauty by Sweet Pea
Sweet Pea

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pretty Woman

Edward Lewis. Vivian Ward. It’s hard to believe that Pretty Woman celebrates its glamorous 20 year anniversary this year. Released on March 23, 1990, little girl fantasies were forever changed by this renewed, fairytale classic.

The first time I watched it was at my Gram’s house. She, too, was a pretty woman from the inside out. This movie was her favorite, and through her many nights of babysitting me and allowing me to pick any movie I wanted, this movie became a part of me. No matter how many times I watched it; there was something magical about the film. Maybe it was Mr. Thompson at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, or that amazing shopping spree on Rodeo Drive. It was probably when the fairytale came true for Vivian. As Edward climbed up the tower and rescued her, Vivian rescues him right back. With a rocking soundtrack and an unforgettable wardrobe, I continue to be captivated by this box-office hit time and time again.

Pretty Woman will forever remain my top choice for love stories. Every time I watch it I laugh, I cry a tear or two, and I admire the script and acting of a movie that has been referenced even 20 years past its release. Because no one will ever forget that first time they heard, “In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight.” Sweet Dreams!

xox – Sweet Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment