Beauty by Sweet Pea

Beauty by Sweet Pea
Sweet Pea

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wine + Chocolate = Love

Did you ever read something that changed your life? I try to learn something new every day. Sometimes, even two things, if I get lucky.

Momma gave me Heal Your Heart with Wine and Chocolate by Debora Yost this past Easter. Dolls, I know you hear me preach night and day about organic beauty and all the God givin’ goodness of natural products. But let’s talk about something that deserves our attention whether you follow my words or not: your heart. Heart disease is the number one cause of death in women. Did you know that? It’s ok if you didn’t because you will learn about it in this brilliant book. (Plus, I don’t want you to stress over this…it’s not good on your heart!).

I can’t do the book justice in just one blog, but I can say that it has really changed my outlook on my life. Since this book, I have altered the way I eat, the way I look at nutrition labels, even the way I look at myself. I don’t know it all, but one thing I do know is that I have one life to live (never got into that show…sorry, getting off track). I want to live the healthiest, greenest, most beautiful way I can. This lifestyle doesn’t happen overnight, and I don’t expect it to. But everyday, I am making smarter, healthier choices. And yes, I do it for me. No one else is going to, and as the book permits, I need to put myself first. (My Dad used to tease me by saying I am the center of the universe…Dad, you may be on to something).

If you get the chance to borrow or buy this book, I highly recommend you do so. If not for anything do it for the intriguing, oh-so-seductive title: Heal Your Heart with Wine and Chocolate. If it weren’t for my efforts to maintain a healthy heart, I think I might have died and gone to Heaven.  Sweet dreams!

xox - Sweet Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment