Beauty by Sweet Pea

Beauty by Sweet Pea
Sweet Pea

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Beautiful Face

“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”

Coco Chanel

There is one thing I cannot leave the house without: a beautiful face. It can make or break my day. When my face is glowing with the perfect amount of foundation, the smooth, wet look of color on my pout, and my eyes sparkling, life can hand me anything, and I feel sexy.

I didn’t always feel like this though. For the longest time, I struggled with finding the perfect blend of color for my face. Makeup was either too heavy, causing me to break out and look cakey (yuck!), or it was not enough coverage, therefore making me second guess myself if I needed to add more (leading me back to the whole cakey look!). It was a constant battle, and I was doubtful if I was ever going to win.

Until one day, I was invited to “Girls Nite Out” at About Face + Body in Geneva, IL (http://www.aboutfaceplusbody.com/home.html). I called up the girls, and we headed on over to the organic beauty store to enjoy treats, yum-o sips, and meet Ms. Marti Spenk of Angel Face Makeup (http://angelfacemakeup.net/). Spenk is a professional makeup artist and hair stylist with over 25 years in the beauty industry. Her career is dedicated to the art of makeup, with a background in theater, photography, and movie makeup as well as working for MAC, Estee Lauder, and Beauty on Call.

Angel Face Makeup is a company in which Spenk provides makeup and hair services on location. Whether it’s for a wedding or a fabulous night out, Spenk and her team will be there to make sure you look stunning.

When I first met Spenk, I explained the struggles I was going through trying to find the perfect makeup for my fair skin. After a brief consultation, Spenk recommended the Alima Pure brand to me. The products are pure and cruelty-free. Before I knew it, I looked flawless in a Balancing Primer Powder, Satin Matte Foundation, and Bronzer (http://www.alimapure.com/). My face was so smooth and touchable. Was this really my skin I was gazing at? Now every morning after my Alima Pure routine, I not only look classy, but I feel beautiful, too!

Plus, the 100% recycled fiber that the makeup comes packaged in contains unique beauty tips. My fav thus far, #47: Embrace your face. The lines here and there define your character.” Sweet dreams!

xox – Sweet Pea

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweet Pea!
    The Alima Pure makeup line sounds very
    interesting to me. Would you recommend it for us divas in the 50+ age group?
    Thanks and I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. It is a wonderful, organic line that provides a light, effective coverage. Plus, it's great for all skintypes! If you get the chance to try it, do let me know!

    ReplyDelete