Beauty by Sweet Pea

Beauty by Sweet Pea
Sweet Pea

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Light the Way

Literally. When I walked into an Aveda salon on my birthday last Tuesday, I wanted to treat myself to something pampering, yet good for the environment. Tough combo to mix, right? I saw the new Light the Way, Lavender Sox Wax candle, and I knew this was the feel-good gift for me. Right on the box, it states, “100% of purchase price helps protect clean water.” Hmm...

Clean water. Did I even stop to think what that statement truly means? Just this morning, I brushed my teeth, took a long shower, used the facilities, drank a bottle of water, washed my hands, and much more without thinking twice, and I am suddenly reminded that clean water is a luxury. It’s a privilege. How can that be? And what can I do to make a difference?

This candle has the soothing scent of lavender mixed in with the unforgettable signature aroma of Aveda. It is only 3.5 oz and will cost around $12, but it is money well spent. I couldn’t wait to write this blog because I wanted to get the word out on this feel-good buy. Even if you don’t burn candles, just display it someplace and enjoy the fragrance as you pass along.

Everyone deserves a chance at clean water. Whether you turn off the water when brushing your teeth, take shorter showers in the morning, or simply purchase this candle, you are making a difference, and it is one you should be oh-so-proud of. You are beautiful, and every little action you take to make the world a better place, well, that’s just plain brilliant! Light the Way, Dolls!

xox - Sweet Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment