Beauty by Sweet Pea

Beauty by Sweet Pea
Sweet Pea

Monday, April 12, 2010

Ladies Day Out

Hello Dolls!

Last Saturday, Momma and I went to “Ladies Day Out” at Delnor in St. Charles. This was our second year attending, and of course, we had a fabulous time. After all, it was a few hours of life where we could chat about whatever we wanted, eat fabulous gourmet food, and (one again) try to win perfect prizes. Although no prizes were won (again) I couldn’t imagine a better way to spend my Saturday afternoon.

After we checked in and received our sporty Delnor bags filled with information and goodies, we grabbed our Starbucks java and got ready for the event to begin.

First on the agenda was the fabulous speaker, Barb Bancroft, RN, MSN, PNP. She is so knowledgeable and so funny! I love learning about keeping my body healthy when she teaches it. If you ever get the chance to hear Bancroft speak in person, I highly recommend you do so.

After the keynote speaker, Momma and I got to choose a smaller session to attend: “Your Healthiest Self At Any Age.” We were able to learn about all the recommended testing that should be preformed on women as they age. This session was very informative. Plus, it was good just to learn alongside the lady that taught me how to be my healthiest self in the first place.

Soon it was time for lunch. Oh, the yum-o choices. We both went with the “Fresh and Healthy,” which contained salads, soups, fish, and a carving station. It was very tasty. With every bite, I felt as if I was already making healthier choices. Top it off with refreshing lemonade, a little calcium (ah hem) I mean ice cream, and we were ready for round two of the event.

The rest of the afternoon involved, another small session, “Living the Life You Want,” which taught women how to slow down, take time for themselves, and learn how to deal with the many stresses, a woman’s life can bring. It was followed by a fashion show put on by Uncommon Threads Fine Line Creative Arts Center. The ladies walked the runway in one-of-a-kind garments (which were absolutely stunning). The day wrapped up with amazing raffle prizes. It was nice to see so many smiling faces, as it was a day of true pampering of the mind, soul, and spirit.

At the end of the evening, Prince Charming and I celebrated my parent’s 36th wedding anniversary with some yum-o Chinese dinner in the atmosphere of a cool spring night in our backyard patio. It was such a wonderful day. I can only hope Momma wants to attend this special event with me for many years to come.

xox - Sweet Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment