Beauty by Sweet Pea

Beauty by Sweet Pea
Sweet Pea

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Earth Day

Last Thursday, April 22, was Earth Day. The day has been around for over 40 years now, but for some reason this year’s Earth Day meant something more to me than it has in the past.

Over the last few months, I have really gotten into the organic mindset. I try to buy organic foods, organic beauty products, and even organic treats for Puppy whenever possible. Prince Charming has caught onto my organic ways, too. This year he focused my Valentine’s Day and birthday presents around green living, with adorable reusable bags, an earth friendly yoga set, even a book called "Green Chic". It’s a great way to live, and so far, I feel better about myself both inside and out as I help the planet in my own way.

Another reason Earth Day was so wonderful was because selected stores rewarded people for thinking green. Take Origins for example. If you brought in an empty skincare container, any size, you got a full sized cleaner free! I was recommended to try “Checks and Balances” face wash, great for both dry and oily skin. The 5 fl. oz. container I received was made from 30% post consumer plastics while the cap was made from 100% recycled plastics. A clean complexion while doing my part with recyclable skincare bottles... does life get any better than that?

One thing to remember, dolls, is that Earth Day may be marked as one calendar day but should be treated as every day of the year. This planet is ours to make our own. Let’s keep it green and pretty. It can be recycling, using glass containers instead of plastic, driving a hybrid car, even walking instead of driving. Big or small, let’s do our part to preserve this beautiful land we love.

xox – Sweet Pea

2 comments:

  1. I really agree that organic beauty products is the way to go. I have switched all of my makeup products and lotions to organic and have noticed a difference in my skin. (You really have to shop around and read labels carefully. Mineral makeup is a must for me. I also like your idea of using reusable bags. They make a good alternative to pricey gift bags and I have found that everyone I give one to likes it. Love your site Sweet Pea and you now have a new fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Again Sweet Pea!

    Can you tell me if you have any idea of good house plants that can rid your home of toxins and are also pet friendly? Many thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete