Beauty by Sweet Pea

Beauty by Sweet Pea
Sweet Pea

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cupcakes: The Popular Group

Is it me or are cupcakes the new pink? Just a few years ago, the world was against anything that was sweet, delicious, and oh yea, contained calories! Nowadays, it’s a fashion statement to be seen with a delicate, gorgeous little pastry in hand.


And it’s not just a local thing, this cupcake craze we are witnessing. Nope, stars like Carrie Underwood are dropping the idea of a big fancy wedding cake for a nuptial dessert of cupcakes! So, I too, will take my love for all things sweet and go public with it. I am on a cupcake mission. I want to try all the different versions, varieties and designs of cupcakes out there. I know it’s a tough job, but some gal’s gotta do it.

So last Friday, I tried a Sweet Miss Giving’s (SMG) Red Velvet cupcake. It was a purchase I not only enjoyed but felt good about. Over 50% of the Sweet Miss Giving’s profits go to help the formerly homeless and HIV/AIDS-affected men, women and children of Chicago House. So, I gladly went to the Chicago French Market and got two Red Velvet beauties for $1 (thanks Daily Candy for the coupon)! And yes, one was for Prince Charming…

Sweet Miss Giving’s Red Velvet cupcake was soft, sugary, and topped with decadent, smooth-and-creamy cream cheese frosting. Yum-o! Plus it comes in a cute little cupcake container so the toping never gets smashed. Brilliant! Not to mention safe for the cupcake’s journey.

Today, Prince Charming bought me a Starbucks Red Velvet cupcake. Now, I love my Starbucks coffee, but I wasn’t sure about this little delight. Much to my surprise, its presentation is adorable. This cupcake comes in a little box. It was a present made just for my taste buds and only costs $1.85! When I opened the box, the little cake was absolutely delish. Again, chocolately, pretty with sprinkle accessories, and more of that irresistible cream cheese frosting. I ate this cake with a fork, but was still able to enjoy every last crummy. For a coffee company, Starbucks can have their cake and eat it, too!

Well, the wonderful world of cupcakes awaits me. Until then, what’s your favorite cupcake? Come-on, tell me your decadent little secret. Sweet dreams!

xox - Sweet Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment